October 9th is observed as PANDAS/PANS Awareness Day. Most states have issued Proclamations acknowledging this day. However, these Proclamations need to renewed yearly. Learn more about Awareness Day here
- Suggestions for Securing a State Resolution for an Annual Awareness Day
- Suggested Awareness Day Proclamation Text
- Bringing Rare Disease to Capitol Hill (Global Genes Tool Kit)
- U.S. Governor Contact List
- Example Letter to Legislator
- PANDAS/PANS Statistics
In the early stages of legislative policymaking, committees collect and analyze information formally through a hearing.
Watch the video of the Arizona House Health Committee listening to a presentation on PANDAS/PANS: HERE
The following states have passed legislation requiring insurance coverage of PANDAS. Click the links to learn more.