A case study is when a single person, group, or event is investigated and observations are summarized. The following is a sample of cases studies relating to PANDAS.
- Paediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS): A Case Report
- Stuttering onset associated with streptococcal infection: A case suggesting stuttering as PANDAS
Also see: Triggering Events for Stuttering Onset
- PANDAS: pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections–an uncommon, but important indication for tonsillectomy.
- A 7-year-Old Boy with ADHD later experience sudden onset of PANDAS symptoms and diagnosed with PANDAS
“There is considerable research associating PANDAS with the symptoms of childhood-onset OCD, tic disorder, and ADHD. However, there are limited studies showing an association between the symptoms of PDD (particularly the subtypes of autism and Asperger’s syndrome) and PANDAS. 6 The objective of this case report is to highlight the above-mentioned association so that the level of awareness is increased and appropriate measures are taken early during the course of symptoms. “
- Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders and streptococcal infections: role of otolaryngologist
- PANDAS Variant and Body Dysmorphic Disorder
BDD associated with infection can also be found in Toward a Neurobiology of Body Dysmorphic Disorder